1. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to add sub-categories to your newly created top menu category. (In our case Help).
2. First, go to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
3. Login with your username and password.
4. Let’s add two pages and then insert them into Help as sub-categories. Ex. Support and Forum. Hover mouse over Pages and click Add New.
5. Enter new page title. (In our case Forum)
6. Add some description…
7. To preview this page click Preview in top right corner of the page.
8. You’ll be taken to new tab.
9. Everything seems OK.
10. Close this tab.
11. When you’re done click Publish.
12. Click Add New again.
13. Repeat the previous steps, just change title and description. (Support)
14. Done. Now we have two pages. (Forum and Support) Let’s add them into ‘Help’ as sub-categories. Hover mouse over Appearance
15. Click Menus.
16. Now click View all, because we haven’t used our newly created pages yet.
17. Check Forum and Support (Created pages) and click Add to Menu.
18. Now we have them as just categories so grab them and drag into Help just like this…
19. You can also add Support as sub-sub category. (padding will increase) But we’ll not do that.
20. When you’re done click Save Menu.
21. Now go to your homepage. Click your website title located in top left corner of the page. (Next to WordPress logo)
22. Success! Two pages have appeared when you hover mouse over Help. Let’s check both of them.
23. Both of them work perfectly.
Please see video tutorial below: